We understand that dealing with any legal matter is a challenge, but especially when dealing with divorce. At Cook County Divorce Online we’re here to make the process easier and less stressful. We want you to feel comfortable and confident in the legal document preparation company you choose, before you actually buy!
Try Before You Buy
- It’s easy! Choose the document you need, and the online questionnaire will open.
- NOTE: If you plan to use a Marital Separation Agreement (MSA), please start the MSA Questionnaire first, then do the Divorce Questionnaire.
- Move through the SmartLegalForms® questionnaire answering all the questions. Help prompts are available along the way.
Set Up Your MyLegalAffairs™ Account
- Creating your account is free! Credit cards are only required when you make a purchase.
- Save incomplete questionnaires in your MyLegalAffairs™ account. Come back any time to edit, finish and purchase.
Purchase and Submit Your Questionnaire
- After purchase, a “Submit” link is enabled in your account so you can send your questionnaire to our Document Preparation Team.
- We’ll acknowledge receipt of your questionnaire, and let you know by e-mail if any additional information is needed upon preliminary review. Otherwise, a document delivery date will be set based on our posted delivery time frames.
- Your completed documents will be delivered to you via e-mail. Additional delivery options, such as paper delivery and expedited delivery, are available for an additional fee and may be chosen during the purchase process.
- Delivered documents come with detailed, step-by-step instructions and are ready for you to print and file them with the appropriate court/institution.
REMEMBER: We are not attorneys and therefore we cannot engage in the practice of law. This means that we can assist you by “typing” or “transcribing”, but we cannot otherwise assist in the “preparation”, “review”, “analysis”, or “completion” of your documents. We offer this service to save you time and money, but not as a substitute for the services of an attorney.
Note: Our website is for document preparation only (no legal advice). Proper filing and service of documents and payment of related notary, court, and filing fees are your responsibility.
The legal documents offered from our sites are intended to be prepared and filed within thirty (30) days. Changes in laws and document guidelines can make older documents obsolete or unacceptable for courts. Therefore, your prepared documents must be filed within thirty (30) days from the date of delivery. If for any reason your prepared forms are rejected and you did not file your documents within this time frame, there will be no refunds.
Minor revisions or revisions caused by our error are made without charge. However, if substantive changes are required as a result of a change of mind or circumstances on your part, an additional charge may be assessed on a case by case basis with your prior approval.